- 19 days late but Hillary Clinton finally comments on Ferguson and she didn’t victim blame or use false racial equivalences. She called out social injustices and the frayed relationships between police and community members. She even addressed white privilege and institutional racism. Good commentary but poor timing and lack of genuine feeling. Clinton’s statement (x)
- 900,000 signatures calling for justice
- 5 protesters sue police for $41.5M over arrests
- Audio of the murder of Michael Brown aired by CNN has been authenticated.
To make a long story short, it has become financially untenable for me to continue living where I am now. I am looking for a new place to stay. Hopefully something long term. The Pacific Northwest would be ideal but I have enough money to go to a wide variety of places. I would be taking only my clothes and some small personal effects (a laptop, a book, toiletries). If you have a place for me to stay, please contact me. If that isn’t possible but you would still like to help, I have a paypal (email@example.com) and you may also share this post. Thank you.
Fun icons for you and your friends
Well, you’re energetic.
i need to somehow quadruple my internet celebrity in the next two days in order to compete with the tumblr fame that roams my campus. chop chop
What fucks me up about the Darren Wilson fundraiser is that he hasn’t been charged with a crime. He doesn’t have to hire a lawyer. He’s on paid leave, so he’s not losing wages. This is not covering his expenses, because he doesn’t have any additional expenses. This is a reward. He’s getting a $250,000 reward for murdering an unarmed black kid.
HE HAD TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL. MIKE REACHED FOR HIS GUN. HIS FRIEND THAT WAS WITH HIM EVEN ADMITTED THAT HE LIED ABOUT THE COP JUST RANDOMLY SHOOTING HIM AND CONFIRMED THAT THEY ROBBED THE STORE. SELF DEFESE.
None of this is true. This is how good the Ferguson PD’s smear campaign has been. Not one sentence here is accurate. Let’s break this down:
- "HE HAD TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL." Michael Brown’s autopsy showed no sign of struggle.The picture of the CT scan that’s being passed around to show that Wilson had an orbital blowout fracture is actually from 2008 from the University of Iowa, and a right-wing pundit photoshopped out the date and hospital info.
- "MIKE REACHED FOR HIS GUN." Officer Wilson’s story is that the first shot that went off was an accidental discharge while they were fighting over the gun. However. there was no gunpowder residue on Mike Brown, meaning that he was absolutely not holding the gun when it went off and furthermore that he was not even that close. He was fired on from a distance.
- "HIS FRIEND THAT WAS WITH HIM EVEN ADMITTED THAT HE LIED ABOUT THE COP JUST RANDOMLY SHOOTING HIM AND CONFIRMED THAT THEY ROBBED THE STORE." This is actually a compound lie, which is kind of impressive. His friend, Dorian Johnson, did not say that. His lawyer said they were together in the convenience store, the police said there was a robbery, and the media put those two statements next to each other to imply a statement was made that never was. Johnson isn’t being charged with anything because the Ferguson PD “determined he committed no crime." The Ferguson PD also admitted Officer Wilson didn’t know about the scuffle at the convenience store before he stopped Brown and Johnson. You may be wondering why I say scuffle instead of robbery. That’s because there wasn’t one: the owners of the store didn’t call the police and video shows Brown paying for the cigarillos! The clerk confronted Brown about reaching across the counter instead of waiting for him to hand over the cigarillos, he put his hand on Brown, and Brown pushed him. Yes, he pushed him too hard, but the clerk apparently didn’t care enough to call the police. The police were called by another customer in the store, who apparently didn’t know what was actually happening.
- "SELF DEFESE." The autopsy shows that he was shot on the inside of his arm, meaning his hands were up, and the top of his head, meaning that, since Brown was 6’4”, either he was on his knees or the officer was 8’ tall. The officer was not 8’ tall.
The evidence clearly shows that Officer Wilson, who had no idea of the not-actually-a-robbery, executed the unarmed Mike Brown while he was on his knees with his hands in the air. Just like all of the eyewitnesses said (except for “Josie,” who turned out not to be real).
But the Ferguson PD’s already tainted public opinion. They’ve spread so many lies so effectively that no amount of evidence will bring justice. Your ignorance here is proof of just how effective it’s been.
ok but give me one good reason why you wouldn’t date Kermit the frog besides that he is a puppet and a frog
I can’t beat Miss Piggy in a fight. She’s very strong and knows karate.
Police brutality in Ferguson costs taxpayers millions.
pictured: an egg
i feel like i need to add a disclaimer that obviously mentally ill people just like neurotypical people ARE capable of being abusive and it’s true that neurodivergence sometimes lends itself to miscommunication and shouldn’t be excused, but seriously, stop stigmatizing mental illness as dangerous
one of the most important things to remember not only in discussing crime, violence, and #abuse but also in your day-to-day life in the traits you consider alienating and scary:
mentally ill people are statistically shown to be dramatically more likely to experience violence and abuse than we are to be violent or abusive. the myth that we are inherently dangerous is the main reason we are subject to this.